We welcome printmakers of all levels to our open access print rooms 7 days a week throughout the year.
Whether you are just discovering the world of print or you have many years of experience, you are welcome to join us here at Bainbridge Print Studios to make full use of the facilities available. For beginners or those who would like to refresh their printing skills we would recommend attending one of our workshops prior to beginning an open access session pass.
Bainbridge Print Studios has a range of professional screenprint and intaglio facilities available for use by members and resident artists. We also have a selection of materials available to by at the Elephant and Castle studio including print medium for paper and fabric, newsprint, tissue paper, brown tape, masking tape and scrim.
All current members can access an up to date schedule for the Elephant and Castle print room here.
- Large etching press, bed size 71 x 124cm
- Small etching press, bed size 46 x 92cm
- Rosin aquatint box
- Smoking easel
- Ferric chloride for etching copper
- Copper sulphide for etching zinc
- Separate acid room
- Soft and hard ground
- Squashing boards / drying rack
- Large and small rollers
- Ink knives, spatulas and file
- Three screenprinting vacuum tables, largest 178 x 305cm
- Soft table tops for printing on fabric
- Large exposure unit for photo silkscreens, cyanotypes and other alternative photographic processes, 238 x 177cm
- Separate screen drying room
- Separate wash room
- Large drying rack
- Light box, 100 x 135cm
- Large sink unit with jet spray, width 200cm
- Squeegees of various sizes up to 90cm
- Coating troughs of various sizes
- Screens available for short-term use
- Photo emulsion/de-coater (pay as you go)
HOW IT WORKS
You simply buy the pass up front (below) and then phone or email to book your sessions. This is ideal for printers who have had some previous experience and are confident enough to print independently.
If it is your first time at the studio, we ask that you complete a compulsory one off induction in order to give you a full overview of the facilities and equipment used in the print rooms. This normally takes place at the beginning of your first session and has an additional charge or £25.
Monday – Sunday
8.30 – 1.30 Morning Session (5 hours)
1pm – 6 pm Afternoon Session (5 hours)
5.30pm – 10.30pm Evening session (5 hours)
10 sessions £175 to be used within 6 months from start date.
6 sessions £125 to be used within 3 months from start date.
On Wednesdays we offer technical support throughout the morning and afternoon in both the intaglio room and screenprinting room.
We also offer a day pass for those who require the use of print facilities to complete a short project. Please be aware a studio induction will be required and a booking and deposit must be made in advance. The cost for this is £55 per day. Please contact the studio directly to arrange this.